We’ve converted this passenger car to run on
veecle technology - in just 6 months. This is significantly faster than the state of the art in the auto industry.
We’ve left most ECUs of the original car in place (e.g. steering, battery management, inverter) and built on top:
- RGB LED matrix as headlights that can display user profiles
veeclecontrols body control functions (central locking, lights, wiper, tailgate)
veeclecontrols HVAC system
veeclecontrols comfort functions (seat & mirror positions)
- Apps can program functions on top of existing ECUs, e.g. load seat position or trunk opening when user approaches
We’ve built the most basic and versatile driving platform, the
Development Kit, or
DevKit for short. It’s purpose is to implement customer feature requests as quick as possible for feasibility studies of feature requests.
The DevKit is
- equipped with 4 x 1000W in-wheel, brushless DC motors
- 4 individually addressable motor inverters over CAN
- 2 individually steerable wheels to implement
Ackermansteering in software
- Aluminium extrusion mounting slots to be able to attach all sorts of sensors, actuators or accessories on top
- Powered using Power over Data Lines (PoDL) Ethernet, making extensions super easy since no additions to the wiring harndess are required
Veecle allows different drivers with different drivers licenses to drive the same car. The car will automatically adapt the maximum velocity and peak power output to EU regulation for a particular drivers license (e.g. 16 years old).